We are getting back to work. I’m concerned. Will there be time, now, for Nothing? Life is ever more full, to learn, to ask, to make up for ‘lost time’, to fit more into every moment.
The ‘sacred’ day of rest is a shopping spree, evenings are full. Many feel that we live in Boot Camp! When is the moment right to do (and be) awake and aware……. Nothing?
Sometimes I feel stuck, dull and stiff, when something in me craves that nothingness. Its useless to soldier on, so I indulge in a restorative happy break’ – doesn’t always involve eating anything
- run up and down the stairs a few times – with an armful of bedclothes or a laundry basket
- peg out washing in the garden – breath deeper in fresh air
- go around emptying the garbage bins and waste baskets – bend and stretch
- valet the car – twist and turn to reach those tricky places
- drink a cup of warm water…. stop and drink sitting down
And then, lie down on the floor, head on a couple of thin books, knees bent, doing Nothing for 5 minutes or more! An EM-Powernap
When I go back to the phone and the files, refreshed, I seem so much more efficient, on the ball: I get the job done in half the time. I’ve bathed in Nothingness which is like being reborn. Is this Relaxation or is it Meditation? Whatever they call it, I’m so glad I ‘wasted’ a few minutes getting back to Me.
Ticking my to-do list, I realise that my work is over. I’m off to my husband Michael’s Zoom Shaking and Breathing Class (www.hertstaichi.com) – Thats what I call a healthy balance